Broccoli and beetroot curry || Red curry ||BB curry
Happy Valentine’s Day!!!
Broccoli with beetroot curry is red in colour which tastes little sweet and little spicy soft in texture with the goodness of essential nutrients.
Red curry/BB curry is recipe is unique curry preparation which I prepared on account of valentines day special lunch meal with my family, as the red colour symbolizes day of love.
Boiled broccoli is cooked in beetroot puree by adding ground spices which is the taste changer of the dish.
I believe there is no better feeling than having a delicious lunch meal with family, being a foodie all I need is healthy and nutritious on my plate with lots of happiness.
keeping red colour in my mind created my tasty unique broccoli beetroot curry recipe which came out super delicious and yummy.
Do try this colourful red curry with broccoli and beetroot ,share your feedbacks in the comment section, I would like to hear your feedbacks and comments.
Scroll down to know step by step preparation method along with the pictures given, watch my video recipe of Broccoli beetroot curry or BB curry given below,
Like share and subscribe for more healthy recipes.
Vegetables required to prepare broccoli beetroot curry
- Broccoli – 150 gms
- Beetroot – 1 cup
- Tomatoes – 1 cup
- Ingredients required to prepare masala
- Garlic – 4 pods
- Ginger – 1″ piece
- Cumin seeds – 1 tsp
- Coriander seeds – 1 tsp
- Dry red chilies – 3
- Cinnamon stick – 1″
- Clove – 2
- Cardamom – 1
- Clove – 2
- Crystal salt – 1 tsp
- Curry masala powder -1tsp
- Cuisine – Indian
- Recipe – Lunch/dinner
- Type – Gravy curry
- Author – Nagajyothi
- Preparation time – 15 minutes
- Cooking time – 25 minutes
- Makes – 5 servings.
Video recipe of broccoli and beetroot curry
Step by step preparation method
To prepare broccoli beetroot curry firstly take a flat pan pour 2 cups of water, heat for 5 minutes then add 150 gm’s of chopped broccoli into the pan boil for 10 minutes until broccoli becomes soft.
Keep boiled broccoli pan aside to cool completely, after 5 minutes strain the boied broccoli in a strainer to remove excess water as shown in the picture.
To prepare red colour puree, use the same pan, add 2 cups of water heat for 5 minutes in medium flame now add 1 cup of chopped beetroot and tomatoes,boil them for10 minutes or until beetroot becomes soft, keep aside ,let them cool down in the room temperature.
Now transfer boiled beetroot and tomatoes in a blender beaker or mixer jar along with the water, blend into soft puree (red colour puree) transfer inot a bowl to prepare curry,
To prepare masala,take a mixer jar or chutney jar, add 4 garlic pods, 1″piece ginger ,1 tsp of cumin seeds, 1 tsp of coriander seeds, 3 red chilies,1 cardamom,1″ cinnamon, 2 cloves, 1 tsp of crystal salt and 1 tsp of curry masala grind altogether and take out in a small vessel,keep aside for further curry preparation.
To prepare bb curry, heat 1 tbsp. of oil in a flat pan add 1 tsp of mustard seeds and 1 tsp of cumin seeds roast and cook until spices starts spluttering then add few curry leaves sauté for few seconds,now add ground masala which was kept aside into the tempered oil, sauté and roast for a minute then add prepared beetroot and tomato puree into the masala tempering.
Now mix the puree with the tempering in low to medium flame stirring continuously for 10 to minutes to avoid burning of puree, at this point you can add water if required.
Now add boiled and strained broccoli into the boiling masala puree, mix altogether and cook in a low flame for about 10 to 15 minutes.
Switch off the flame and dish out into a serving bowl, garnish with fresh coriander leaves or curry leaves.
You can serve this colorful bb curry or broccoli curry with beetroot with chapati/roti.
- Clean broccoli florets with warm water before you chop them.
- Peel beetroot skin before chopping them into medium cubes.
- Puree should be soft without any pieces of beetroot or tomato.
- Cook in a low to medium flame in order to avoid burning of puree.
- You can add chopped onions in the tempering as per your choice of taste.
- You can add fresh coriander leaves in the tempering to enhance the taste.
- Beetroots are low in calories and loaded with vitamins and minerals.
- Beetroots have number of anti-inflammatory properties.
- Good source of fiber which helps in digestion.
- Beets provide a wide range of possible health befits.
- Helps in controlling blood pressure and diabetics.
- Prevents from cancer.
- Beets are great source of iron, Vitamin C, Vitamin A, Magnesium, potassium and folate.
- Broccoli is good source of fiber and protien.
- Rich in iron,calcium and vitamins A,C,E,K
- Eating broccoli helps to build strong bones.
- Prevents risk of cancer.
- Broccoli contains antioxidants which may support healthy cells and tissues in the body.
- Broccoli contains various bio active compounds.