Chennar Payesh||How To Prepare Bengali Sweet Pudding Chennar Payesh
Video Recipe Of How To Prepare Bengali Sweet Pudding Chennar Payesh
Bengali traditional sweet Chennar Payesh or Cottage Cheese pudding is an easy and delicious sweet dish which you would love to relish at any time of the day.
Chennar payesh is simple tasty sweet dish which you can easily prepare at home in minutes.
In my Chennar Payesh recipe i had used paneer or cottage cheese instead of curdling milk to give an extra richness and taste to the dish.
Thich milk is boiled with added cardamom powder, sugar and saffron milk to enhance the sweet aroma of the dish (you can use yellow food colour) scrambled paneer or cottage cheese is added to the thick boiled milk to give extra creamy thickness to the dish.
Almond flakes and other dry nuts can be added to the dish to make the sweet dish crunchy and nutty.
You can serve Chennar Payesh cold or hot as per your choice.
You can even serve this delicious sweet as pudding with fresh fruits and nuts of your choice.
Check the description and video recipe given below to make Chennar Payesh or Cottage cheese Pudding.
Share your feedbacks in the cooments section.
Thank you for stopping by.
Subscribe to my YouTube Channel for more easy vegetarian recipes.
- Cuisine – Bengali//Indian
- Type – Sweet//Pudding
- Recipe – Sweet
- Preparation method – 10 minutes
- Cooking time – 30 minutes
- Total Time – 40 minutes
- Makes – 3 servings
- Author – Nagajyothi
Ingredients to prepare Chennar Payesh//Cottage cheese pudding.
Step by step preparation method of Chennar Payesh
To prepare Chennar payesh or Cottage cheese pudding, add 500 ml of thick milk in a non stick flat pan, boil the milk in medium flame for 10 minutes.
Lower the flame, stir milk continuously with the help of spatula or spoon scraping the edges of the pan as shown in the picture until milk becomes half of the quantity.
Now add 1 tsp of cardamom powder and 1/4 cup of saffron milk into the boiled milk, keep stirring the milk and scraping the edges of the pan.
Now add 1/4 cup of sugar or mishri powder into the pan, mix well and keep stirring the milk.
Add 1 cup full of Almond flakes into the boiling milk, mix altogether scraping the edges of pan and stirring milk continuously.
Now add 1 cup of scrambled paneer or cottage cheese into the boiling milk, mix gently by stirring continuously for 5 more minutes or until the milk thickens, avoid burning of the milk while stirring.
Check the consistency of Chennar payesh as shown in the picture, switch off of the flame, transfer into a serving bowl.
Top it with some almond flakes and dry nuts of your choice, Serve hot or cold.
You can serve prepared Chennar Payesh with fruits, Sunfeast biscuits and dry nuts of your choice as a pudding.
Check the video recipe of how to prepare Chennar Payesh Pudding with fruits and dry nuts in the video link.
- Reduces the risk of cancer. .
- Building better bones and teeth
- An essential component in weight loss programs.
- Aids in the normal functioning of the digestive system.
- Ideal food for diabetic patients.
- Building a strong immune system
- Paneer prevents and protects you from diseases.
- Mangos are also rich in vitamin C, which is important for forming blood vessels and healthy collagen.
- Mangos are also helpful for supporting your cardiovascular system, They are a great source of magnesium and potassium
- Mangos are rich in folate which is used for healthy cell division.
- Consuming mangoes can help protect and strengthen the body in several ways.
- The fibe, potassium and vitamin content in mangoes all help keep the arteries working and reduce the risk of heart disease.