Spinach Curry with Soya Chunks
Spinach Curry With Soya Chunks||
Healthy Spinach Curry With Soya Chunks
Spinach Curry With Soya Chunks
Spinach curry with soya chunks is another easy and healthy recipe from my cook book which is super nutritious and tasty.when ever i think to cook something healthy for my family with green leaves, i think of cooking spinach curry which takes less time to cook.
Green Spinach can be cooked and added in many dishes like curries soup’s smoothies fresh salads healthy drinks dal’s and in rice kichidi according to the recipe’s.
Spinach is world’s most available leafy vegetable which is a great source of iron.
Spinach curry with soya chunks is healthy and nutritious dry curry preparation which is rich in iron and proteins prepared with green spinach and soya chunks ideal for people who wants to inculcate iron in their regular meal plan.
Green Spinach leaves are tempered with cumin seeds and funnel seeds and cooked with presoaked soya chunks to make it more healthier, raisins are added into the curry to give sweetness to the curry as spinach is little bit bitter in taste. This spinach curry can be eaten as it is or served with plain rice or roti.
Ever since i started exploring my recipes with spinach, this one is the most frequently prepared dish by me which is tasty and healthy easy to cook dish with power packed nutrients.
Spinach soya chunks curry is one from my list of favorites, So do try this healthy recipe with spinach and soya chunks.
Do share your feedbacks and experiences.
- Cuisine – Indian
- Recipe – Lunch/Dinner
- Type – Curry/Diet Meal
- Author – Nagajyothi
- Preparation time – 10 minutes
- Cooking time – 20 minutes
- Total time – 30 minutes
- Makes – 3 sevings
Ingredients required to prepare spinach soya chunks curry
- Spinach – 250 gm’s
- Soya chunks – 100 gm’s
- Onions – 1 cup
- Green chilies – 4
- Curry leaves – 10
- Coriander leaves – 1/2 cup
- Sesame seeds powder – 2 tbsp
- Raisin’s – 1 tbsp
- Salt – 1/2 tsp
- Oil – 1 tsp
- Cumin seeds – 1 tsp
- Fennel seeds – 1 tsp
Video Recipe Of Spinach Soya Chunks Curry
Step by Step preparation method
Step – 1
In a deep vessel pour 200 ml of water and heat for 5 to 6 minutes until water gets boiling temperature, switch the flame then add 100 gm’s of soya chunks and soak for 10 minutes.
Step – 2
Now strain the soaked soya chunks using a strainer, then squeeze excess water and keep in a separate bowl.
Heat 1 tsp of oil in a flat pan medium flame, add 1 tsp of cumin seeds fennel seeds and 4 green chilies slit into half then roast and cook for few minutes.
Step – 4
Add curry leaves and coriander leaves in the tempering along with 1 cup of chopped onion’s mix and cook for a minute.
Step – 5
Now add 1 Tbsp. of raisins into the pan sauté them and cook for a minute.
Step – 6
Add freshly chopped green spinach leaves, mix with the tempering cook for 5 minutes.
Step – 7
Add 1/2 Tsp of salt mix with spinach and cook until the excess water from spinach evaporates.
Step – 8
Add pre soaked and squeezed soya chunks into the sautéed spinach mix and cook for few seconds.
Step – 9
Now add 2 Tsp of dry roasted and powdered sesame seeds powder sauté for few seconds.
Step – 10
Mix well and cook for few seconds, switch off the flame.
Step – 11
Transfer into a serving bowl, garnish with fresh coriander leaves.
Step – 12
Serve with rice or roti of your choice or as a diet meal.
Spinach and Soya Chunks
- Spinach is rich in zeaxanthin and lutein which protects your eyes from damage.
- spinach is high in amounts of vitamin c k folic acid iron and calcium which is good for overall body health.
- Spinach contains nitrates which helps to lower the blood pressure.
- Spinach is powerhouse of nutrition.
- Soya chunks pack numerous health benifts.
- They are great for bone health.
- Soya chunks are rich source of proteins and omega 3 fatty acids.
- Use cold pressed peanut oil to make the curry more healthier.
- Use fresh green spinach.
- you can turmeric powder in tempering.
- You can add dry nuts of your choice along with raisins to make the curry more rich and crunchy.
- Soak soya chunks in medium hot water.
- Don’t over cook spinach as it tends to loose essential nutrients.
- Avoid to cover the pan with lid while you cook spinach.
Healthy Spinach Curry With Soya Chunks