OPOS Methi Aloo||Fenugreek Leaves curry with potato
OPOS Methi aloo or fenugreek leaves curry with potato is simple and easy to prepare delicious curry recipe which can be prepared in pressure cooker in one pot one shot method to save your time
Methi ke patte/fenugreek leaves are cooked with tempered potato and cauliflower without using green chilies in the preparation, you can include this curry on your fasting day to keep you full all the day.
You can enjoy this OPOS methi aloo with roti or pulka , you can even stuff in your sandwitch or bread of your choice.
Do try OPOS methi aloo curry and share your your feebdacks and comments.
Check my OPOS Sprouts rice recipe in the link given belo.
- Cuisine – Indian
- Recipe – Dinner
- Type – OPOS curry
- Author – Nagajyothi
- Prep time – 5 minutes
- Cooking time – 10 minutes
- Total time – 15 minutes
- Makes – 4 servings
- Oil – 1tbsp
- Kalonji seeds – 1 tsp
- Cumin seeds – 1 tsp
- Turmeric powder – 1 tsp
- Ginger and garlic paste – 1 tsp
- Salt – 1 tsp
- Sesame seeds powder – 1 tbsp
- Onions chopped – 1 cup
- Cauliflower florets – 1 cup
- Potato chopped – 100 gm’s
- Fenugreek leaves – 1 big bunch
- Coriander leaves – To garnish
VIDEO RECIPE OF OPOS METHI ALOO CURRY
Step by step preparation process
Step – 1
To prepare OPOS methi aloo curry take a pressure cooker or handi, heat 1 tbsp of oil then add 1 tsp of kalonji seeds , 1 tsp of cumin seeds splutter and cook for few seconds then add 1 cup of chopped onions roast and cook for a minute.
Step – 2
Now add 1 tsp of ginger garlic paste sauté and roast, then add 1 Tsp of turmeric powder, sauté for few seconds, then add 50 gms of roughly chopped cauliflower and 50 gm’s of chopped potatoes into the tempering.
Step – 3
Now add fresh and cleaned one large bunch of methi leaves or fenugreek leaves into the cooker, then add 1 cup of water.
Step – 5
Then close the pressure cooker with lid cook for 1 whistle, switch off the flame.
Step – 6
After 10 to minutes open the pressure cooker, gently mix cooked methi aloo curry with a spoon.
Step – 7
Now add 1 Tsp of salt or a per your requirement, mix altogether.
Step – 8
Add 1 tbsp. of dry roasted and powdered sesame seeds powder, mix gently.(stove is swithed off)
Step – 9
Now add freshly chopped coriander leaves, give a nice mix with prepared OPOS method methi aloo curry.
Finally garnish with coriander leaves and serve with roti/chapati of your choice, you can squeeze lemon extract to give it a tangy taste.(optional)
- Fenugreek leaves or methi leaves should be fresh.
- You can avoid cauliflower.
- You can add green chilies in this curry preparation.
- You can prepare this curry in pan also without using pressure cooker.
- Remember to cook for only 1 whistle.
Health benifits of Fenugreek leaves
- Fenugreek leaves are rich in vitamins like K,C,A Calcium B- complex ,Folate and Riboflavin and Pyridoxine.
- Fenugreek leaves contain antioxidants like trigonelline and diosgenin.
- Fenugreek leaves are low in calories
- Good for bone health and bone metabolism.
- Eating fenugreek leaves helps to control diabetes.
- Fenugreek leaves are good for digestive system.
- Eating methi ke patte or fenugreek leaves cures mouth ulcers and good for heart health and prevents anemia.