Healthy and Nutritious Sprouts Curry
Healthy and Nutritious Sprouts Curry
|| HAPPY NEW YEAR ||
|| New Year New Beginnings ||
|| Happy New Year wishes from jojoskitchen4u ||
|| HAPPY COOKING |
|| Healthy and Nutritious Sprouts Curry With Brown Chickpeas/Brown Chana/Kala Chana ||
Sprouts are very super nutritious and rich in fibre. These are skinny little veggies that are big on nutrition. Consumption of sprouts on regular basis helps to boost immune system. The best way to eat sprouts are in raw form as of cooking. Cooking sprouts may destroy some nutrients in it.
There are various culinary uses of sprouts which are healthy and nutritious which can be easily digested.
You can happily enjoy the sprouts curry with any course of your meal and relish the taste throughout the day.
In this post I am going to share healthy sprout curry which is prepared by using Brown Chana/Kala Chana/Brown Chickpeas/Bengal gram.
To prepare sprout curry kala chana/brown chana are soaked for 6 to 8 hours and sprouted for 12 hours. Sprouts should be one inch long, longer roots gives perfect tasty to the curry.
You can check my soya beans sambar recipe for sprouting process.
Sprouts are tempered with spices onions tomatoes and pressure cooked and mixed with ground paste which is prepared with boiled chana to give the thick consistency and flavour to curry which you can savour the flavour of sprouts.
Sprout curry is easy to prepare in pressure cooker with out any hassle in your busy hours. When I think to prepare something healthy and nutritious sprouts are my first choice which makes full all the day.
My family enjoys eating sprouts in their daily course of meal with plain rice or roti (Indian flat bread).
I would like you to try this nutritious fibre rich curry prepared with sprouted brown chana/kala chana/brown chickpeas and to share your feedbacks in the comment section given below.
Its time to consume and consider adding sprouts in your daily diet.
So, let’s know about cooking sprout curry with sprouted brown chickpeas.
Sprouts Curyy with Sprouted kala Chana
- Cuisine – Indian
- Recipe – Lunch/Dinner
- Type – Curry
- Author – Nagajyothi
- Preparation time – 5 min
- Cooking – 20 min
- Total time – 25 min
- Makes – 4 servings
Ingredients required to prepared sprouted brown chana/brwon chickpeas
- Sprouted Brown Chana/Brown cheakpeas – 100 gm’s
- Onion – 1 cup
- Tomato – 1 cup
- Oil – 1 tbsp
- Mustard seeds – 1 tsp
- Cumin seeds – 1 tsp
- Pepper corns – 5 to 7
- Curry leaves – 8 to 10
- Sambar powder – 2 tsp
- Turmeric powder – 1 tsp
- Salt – 1 tsp (As required)
Video recipe of Sprouts Curry
Step by Step preparation of Sprouted kala Chana/Brown Chickpeas Curry
Step – 1)
In a pressure cooker heat 1 tsp of oil roast 1 tsp of mustard seeds 1 tsp of cumin seeds and 1 tsp of pepper corns and 1 cup of chopped onions cook for few seconds until spices start to splutter.
Step – 2)
Add 1 cup of chopped tomatoes and curry leaves into the cooker sauté and cook until tomatoes become soft and cooked.
Now add 1 tsp of turmeric powder and100 gm’s of sprouted brown chana/kala chana/brown chickpeas into cooked tomatoes mix and cook for a minute.
Then add 2 tbsp of homemade sambar powder and 1 tsp of crystal salt mix altogether and cook for few seconds.
Step – 5)
Add 2 cups of water into the tempered chana give a nice mix.
Step – 6)
Now close the cooker with lid and pressure cook chana for 5 to 6 whistles, open the lid when pressure is released check weather chana is cooked soft.
Take one cup of cooked chana into a separate bowl keep aside for ten minutes or until chana becomes completely cool.
Transfer the cooled chana into a mixer jar and ground to a soft paste to prepare gravy for chana curry.
Step – 9)
Now place the cooker on flame again and boil for a minute add ground paste into the boiling chana mix well add one cup of water or as per your requirement give a nice mix and cook for five more minutes.
Step – 10)
Transfer into a serving bowl garnish with curry leaves or coriander leaves.
Serve Hot with Pain rice or Brown rice or with Roti.
- Soak chana at least for 8 hours or whole night before you sprout them.
- Make sure you get one inch or more long roots when you sprout chana.
- Use sambar powder or lentil powder which is prepared with whole spices and lentils.
- Homemade sambar powder enhances the taste and flavour of sprouted chana curry.
- You can add water as per your requirement.
- Sprouts made with black chana/brown chickpeas suits well to prepare my style of sprout curry.
- Green chillies can be added in tempering to give extra spiciness to sprout curry.
Health benefits of Sprouts
- Sprouts are rich in proteins and nutrients and vitamins.
- Sprouts contains enzymes which helps to prevent constipation
- Sprouts are rich in insoluble fibres which keeps your digestive system in good condition.
- Sprouts are low in calories which helps to loose weight.
- Sprouts are good source of proteins which helps to build muscles and boosts metabolism
- Consuming sprouts in daily diet helps to strengthen immune system.
- Eating sprouts helps to prevent thinning and premature greying of hair.
- Sprouts are high in anti-oxidants which protects from glaucoma.