How To Prepare Telanga Style Ugadi Pacchadi
video Recipe of How To Prepare Telangana Style Ugadi Pacchadi
Happy Telugu New Year||Happy Karnataka New Year.
Ugadi panduga shubakankashalu||Ugadi Habbada Shubasheyagalu.
Ugadi pacchadi is a special drink/tandai/cooler prepared on the auspicious day of Telugu New Year UGADI,.
Ugadi pacchadi in prepared in fresh earthen pots which are seasoned with turmeric and decorated with Neem leaves and Mango leaves, Pacchadi is first offered to God and consumed in fresh woven leaves bowl which is specially stitched into a bowl shape, it is considered like drinking Ugadi Pacchadi in fresh green leaves is auspicious as the leaves contain medicinal values and good for health.
In Telanga state Ugadi pacchadi is prepared in soup/liquid form by mixing tamarind juice/pulp, vamu/ajwain/carom seeds, salt,jaggery, flowers of neem tree (In telugu we call it as Vepa puvvu) and Raw Mango.
Ugadi pacchadi is considered as shedruchula sammelanam as Ugadi pacchadi recipe symbolizes the 6 varies tastes as well as emotions in life.
Jaggery – Happiness
Neem Flower -Bitterness
Carom seeds – Hot
Salt – salty
Tamarind – sour
Raw Mango – Tangy
In Andhra pradesh state Ugadi pacchadi ais prepared as thick chutney or pacchadi, by grinding raw ingredients like tamarind, neem leaves, salt, green chillies, raw mango and jaggery.
In Karnataka State, (The beautiful state where I am presently living) Ugadi pacchadi is prepared in semi powder form by chopping/crushing neem leaves and jaggery.
Most of the Temples in Banglore distribute this bitter yet sweet Ugadi preparation as prasam to the devotees on the New Year or Ugadi Festival.
Check the picture at the bottom of the page for karnataka style Ugadi offering in temples.
In this post you can know how step by step preparation of how to make Telangana State Uagadi Pacchadi .
Check the video recipe of Ugadi Pacchadi in the link given, share your comments in the comments section given below.
Reach me at firstname.lastname@example.org for suggestions.
Log into my web page for more interesting veg recipes https ://jojoskitchen4u.in/
Thank you for stopping by.
- Raw Mango
- Neem Flowers/petals
- Tamarind Pulp/extract
- Carom Seeds
- Take a bowl/earthen pot.
- Add 250 ml of fresh water into the pot.
- Then add 1/2 cup of tamarind extract, mix well.
- Now add 1 tsp of salt.
- Add 1 tsp of jaggery.
- Add 1/4 tsp of carom seeds/ajwain.
- Add 1 tsp of fresh neem flowers or petals into the concoction.
- Mix well until the salt and jaggery melts.
- Then add peeled and chopped raw mango pieces, stir well along with all the ingredients,
- Serve cool.
HEALTH BENIFITS OF RAW MANGO
- Mango is an excellent source of immunity booster nutrients such as vitamin C, vitamin E, and antioxidants. This vitamin can help your body produce more disease-fighting white blood cells, help these cells work more effectively, and improve your skin’s defences. Raw mango makes our body stronger and healthier in every way.
- Raw mango is the natural remedy for gastrointestinal problems such as acidity, constipation, morning sickness, and indigestion. It stimulates the digestive tract to secrete digestive enzymes and promotes digestive heat.
- Raw mango is rich in antioxidants such as polyphenols that reduce the risk of cancer. Clinical studies suggest that raw mango reduces inflammation and blocks the cancer cell division.
- Raw mango is rich in vitamin C that helps reduce bleeding gums and dental problems. It reduces the likelihood of your getting scurvy, anaemia or bleeding gums and improves your health manifold.
- Mangos are beneficial for skin and hair health due to the presence of various nutrients in them. Vitamin C is essential for making collagen that provides strength to the skin and hair. It encourages hair growth and the production of sebum that moisturizes your scalp to keep your hair healthy.